Saturday 1 November 2014

UGLINESS of the 21st century


          I often wonder how it feels to be ugly. I wonder how 'the ugly' feel being and knowing they are ugly. You know what I wonder most about? I wonder how 'the ugly' who don't know they are ugly feel like. Painfully, these are the one's with the biggest ego.

          Oh, I may have forgotten to mention. I'm not talking of "ugly ugly". I mean, c'mon! I know I'm a or could be a jerk but I couldn't possibly write an actual article on that kind of ugly.
          I'm talking about the one's with the ugly personality. It seems we have a wholesome bunch of them laying around these days. The world now just feels like I'm surrounded by 'idiots'. And I'm talking of 'young idiots'. 'Idiots' of my age group and my generation at large. Of cause there are the 'older citizen idiots'. But that's a post for an older citizen to write.
          I write about this because it pricks my heart how much foolishness run through the minds of youths my generation. I'm sure a lot of you can relate to this one; ever had that friend whose only way of life is parasitic? Too parasitic that even the commensal way of life becomes too difficult to practice? Or that one friend who no matter how much they have, always has an eye for that one you have. They constantly borrow (or 'take' as they would call it) your stuff and never return. Have you ever had to borrow your stuff back from someone who you borrowed it to before? Yes! Borrow because they would come right back to 'take' it from you. Oh, or this one; people who get on a bus, didn't have nothing playing out of their phone just until the bus starts moving and some inspiration from heaven knows where falls on them and the start blasting out music from their device WITHOUT EARPHONES! Why would they think the other 10 passenger on the bus with them would be interested in listening to whatever song they play? IDIOTS! The ones who make silly rules of life and don't keep them are just worse. "You shouldn't change your blackberry display picture more than once a day" or "If your contact has a birthday, keep them up as your blackberry display picture till 12am" or "Guys shouldn't use Smiley's at all when texting". But when they break them, there is a very " logical" explanation to why they broke it. The ones who see you first but for some estranged reason expects you to holla at them first are not left out. Neither are the ones who would always be the first to criticise your flaws but can't handle criticism themselves.
          Mehn, I could go on and on. I sit most times as though the whole world is in black and white and I'm the only color and just wonder how there could be so much foolishness going around and no one is seeing it because they in black and white think me and the few others in color are the weird ones.
          Its just sad how such ugliness could take center stage in a generation so beautiful. Life's rules are pretty simple - be you, love others as you love yourself, show courtesy and (added by me), have sense!
          Well, I guess its the ugly ones that spice up the world. The perfect picture won't be perfect if there were no imperfections.

PLEASE let me know some ugliness you see around you by hitting the comment button below. Do well to like this post if you can relate. Thanks guys!

2 comments:

Elijah Kingson said...

Haha, nice!

BAGGERMOUTH said...

Thanks man ☺
Hang on for more post soon